Nail Application: A How-To Guide
Wondering how to Nail It?
If you are a beginner and confused about how to apply your false nails, this handy guide will walk you through the entire process and help you apply your false nails like a pro in just a few simple steps!
Step 1: How to prep your nails
- Start off by washing your hands and nails.
- Dry them off well paying extra attention to ensure your cuticles and nails are dry.
- Remove any traces of nail polish and oils on the surface of your nails with an acetone-free nail polish remover. This ensures that the nail glue lasts and does not bubble up.
Step 2: How to size your nail
- Remove our false nails from their packaging and measure each one against your fingernails to find the best fit for your nails.
- Arrange them in order since this makes the process of applying your nails easier.
- Be sure to file them if required to ensure a proper fit, you can clip them with our false nail clipper or file them with the prep file to change the length and style if you want.
Step 3: How to prime your nails
- It's best to clip your natural nails down to the fingertips to ensure they don’t interfere with your false nails.
- Once that is done, gently push your cuticles back with our cuticle pusher to get rid of any dead skin and clear up space for your false nail to go on neatly.
- Next, buff the surface of your natural nails with the file included in your nail kit. This roughens up the surface to help the false nail stick better.
- The final step in prepping your nails is to wipe your nails with our Prep & Polish. This clears the nail of any residue to ensure that your false nails stick on for as long as possible.
Step 4: How to apply your false nails
This step is all about applying glue and then pressing your false nails on for instant glam!
- Start by brushing an even thin layer of glue onto your entire nail. Use a thin even layer across the entire nail.
- The more glue you use the bigger barrier it creates between the false nail and the natural nail making them pop off easier and you will end up with glue over your fingers when you press the false nail down
- Align your false nail with your cuticle and press it down onto your nail bed. Hold it there and apply light pressure for at least 10 seconds to ensure that the false nail sticks properly onto your nail bed.
- Paint on your favourite nail colour and you’re ready to show off your insta-worthy nails!
Pro Tip: Apply your nails to your dominant hand first since it has more control and makes it easier to apply to nails to the second hand.
Step 5: How to rock those false nails like a pro!
Once your nails are on, be sure to file them if required to ensure a proper fit. You can clip them with our false nail clipper or file them with the prep file to change the length and style if you want. Paint on your favourite nail colour and you’re ready to show off your insta-worthy nails!
Read our Nail Removal & Care Guide here to make your false nails last.